Candida overgrowth is often caused by toxins accumulated in the body.
A hair analysis will guide me what toxins need eliminating and what imbalances need correcting. This enables me to tailor your treatment specifically to your needs.
Having candida overgrowth then leads to gut imbalance and poor absorption of the nutrients from food and supplements. The hair mineral analysis will show first if you have toxic elements and second the levels of the nutritional minerals. We need a test to see where we stand.
Why use hair tissue?
If your health, diet or environment has created a mineral imbalance or toxic mineral excess, it will be recorded in your hair. This makes it ideal tissue to test for deep analysis and indications of potential problems. It is a non-invasive and reliable test. You can read more on the subject here.
What can cause a mineral imbalance?
- Diet: Diet high in sugar and refined carbohydrates, salt, alcohol, saturated fat can lead to mineral deficiencies as can repeat dieting. Even if you have a healthy diet you can still be at risk from foods being grown in nutrient-poor soil.
- Stress: Deficiencies in minerals such as zinc, magnesium, and B vitamins can cause physical and emotional stress. Stress also can also affect your ability to absorb nutrients. For more information on how stress affects mineral balance read here.
- Medications: Diuretics, oral contraceptive pills, steroids, antacids, aspirin, Ibuprofen, NSAID (Non-steroid anty inflammatory drugs) like Ibuprofen and many other medications can affect your ability to absorb nutrients from your food.
- Nutritional supplements: Some of these can also lead to mineral excess and deficiencies. Taking too much of one mineral can lead to a deficiency of another as their quantities are in a certain ratio against each other.
- Pollution: Air pollution, cigarette smoke, unfiltered water, dental amalgams, antiperspirants. Exposure to toxic metal such as aluminum, lead, mercury, and cadmium, all of which interfere with mineral absorption.
How the test results will be used in your Candida treatment?
Firstly the test will give us information if you have any excess of toxic elements. This is often the underlying cause of Candida overgrowth. If you do we can use homeopathic detox to bring those elements to a healthy range. Secondly, the hair analysis will show what the levels of nutritional elements are. Therefore we can use remedies to bring those back in balance if this is needed.
If you are interested to know more about how hair analysis can enhance your Candida treatment, please book a 15 min. free appointment to discuss it.