In this post, I am going to explain what are the symptoms of copper toxicity and how homeopathy can help. First of all copper toxicity is only one of the underlying causes of candida. Most people have more than one root causes. When copper is bio-available, it fights candida. To be bio-available copper must be bound to a blood protein. When not bio-available excess copper in the body leads to many issues one of them can be yeast infections. If interested to know more book a 15 min free appointment now.
A patient of mine called Gina had copper toxicity as one of her root causes for candida. Firstly she had used copper Intrauterine device as a birth control method for about 10 years. Secondly, she had a few amalgam fillings. Finally, she is a vegan and eats a lot of seeds, nuts, avocados, tofu. If you read the article you will see that those are some of the ways we can get overloaded with copper.
Gina’s symptoms were vaginal thrush, Castro intestinal symptoms including bloating, wind, constipation. Last but not least she was experiencing mental hyperactivity which caused insomnia because Gina was not able to switch off and go to sleep. She had many courses of conventional treatment, but her problems kept coming back. Gina decided to try homeopathy as a last resort. After homeopathic copper detox for 2 months, she finally was able to get her copper to a healthy level. She had amalgam detox at the same time as copper detox. Then her candida symptoms started to improve. Gina kept a strict candida diet during her treatment and she is still sugar-free as far as I am aware. She does not have vaginal thrush and GI symptoms anymore and she is able to sleep solid through the night for 7 to 8 hours.
What are the sources of excess copper?
There are many ways people may get excess copper, to mention a few.
- Copper water pipes.
- Copper Intrauterine device as a birth control method.
- Dental amalgams, especially the ones done after 1996 have high copper content.
- Copper is closely related to the estrogen. It can be any type of estrogen. – Natural estrogen. – Estrogen from the pill as birth control. – Hormone replacement therapy.
- Eating a big amount of food high in copper. Example of food high in copper is- oysters, firm tofu and other soy food, sweet potatoes, sesame seeds, cashews nuts. For more information read here, after you have finished reading this article.
People will not develop all of the symptoms possible, but normally a combination of a few of them.
- Fatigue and exhaustion.
- Headaches, migraines.
- Mood swings. Supersensitive weepy.
- Candida overgrowth.
- Cold hands and/or feet.
- Depression. Feeling of loss of control. Despair, hopelessness.
- Racing hart.
- Problems with concentration and memory. Short attention span. Brain fog.
- Eating disorders.
- Panic attacks, high anxiety.
- Aching muscles or muscle cramps.
- Mind races- insomnia, interrupted sleep.
- Low blood pressure.
As you can see, many of the symptoms of excess copper coincide with the symptoms of candida overgrowth. For more information about candida symptoms see here.
How can we test the copper levels?
To determent, if you have high levels of copper you need to be tested. One of the most reliable methods for testing minerals is Hair mineral analysis. I am usually using “Mineral check” for the test. For more information about hair analysis, you can see- https://www.mineralcheck.com/
What can be done about excess copper?
With homeopathy, we can use homeopathic detox to help the body get rid of the excess copper. Using homeopathic detox is a safe and effective method of detoxing. Sometimes you can be given a remedy to relieve your symptoms besides the detox.
If interested to know more about how homeopathy can help you with copper detox, please book 15 min free appointment and we can discuss it.
Finally for more scientific information about copper toxicity please see this article here.