Vaginal Candida symptoms bother most of the female patients with candida overgrowth. Candida is present naturally in the gut and the vagina, and when the conditions are favourable, it can get out of control and cause unpleasant symptoms of vaginal thrush. Homeopathy can help to bring Candida back under control.
If you want to know more about homeopathic treatment for candida
Vaginal candidiasis is a common problem, and most women will have it at some point. Often it will respond to conventional treatment. The cases where it keeps coming back or is resistant to conventional antifungal drugs are the ones that are seeking help by homeopathy.
The most common cause of vaginal thrush is Candida albicans, but different Candida species can cause the infection. More than 17 different Candida species are known to be the cause of human infection. However, more than 90 % of invasive infections are caused by Candida albicans, Candida glabrata, Candida parapsilosis, Candida tropicalis and Candida krusei. More about this you can read here.
Symptoms can range from mild to severe and include:
⦁ Itching and irritation in the vagina and vulva.
⦁ A burning sensation, especially during intercourse or while urinating.
⦁ Redness and swelling of the vulva.
⦁ Vaginal pain and soreness.
⦁ Vaginal rash.
⦁ Thick, white, vaginal discharge with a cottage cheese appearance.
Often the vaginal symptoms are part of the broader picture of overgrowth. The person may have oral thrush, gastro-intestinal symptoms as bloating, constipation or diarrhoea, food sensitivities and possibly other symptoms of candida overgrowth. For those cases, more complex treatment is needed to address Candida overgrowth susceptibility and the underlying causes.
- Useful advice
Changes in the diet are helpful to support the treatment. The typical diet in our modern world that is high in sugar and fast carbohydrates is one of the causes of Candida overgrowth. Some changes to healthy eating habits will help sustain a healthy vaginal and intestinal microbiome.
- Candida can be transmitted to the partner during sexual intercourse. This is valid for female and male patients with genital Candida overgrowth. Treating the partners is necessary to prevent passing the infection from one to another.
How can homeopathy help?
Homeopathy can address the underlying cause of Candida overgrowth, which is often the use of contraceptives, antibiotics, heavy metal toxicity and others. There are homeopathic detox protocols that help the body to regain its balance and safely detox. To relieve the symptoms of itch and burning in the labials, homeopathic Calendula cream applied locally is effective in most cases. Often a nosode is helpful to help rebalance the flora in the vagina and the gut. Depending on symptoms, a remedy that matches them will be chosen during your consultation with a homeopath. Every treatment is tailored to the person’s needs, and there is no one size fits all, as we are all different.
Why is homeopathy better than other treatments?
⦁ It is a safe and gentle method.
⦁ Homeopathy is not suppressing the symptoms. It helps the body to regain its balance and health.
⦁ Homeopathy can help detox the body.
⦁ Homeopathic remedies can be used to support the elimination organs- liver and kidneys.
⦁ Remedies will help to relieve the symptoms of overgrowth during the treatment process.
⦁ Homeopathy is relatively inexpensive.
Rubric in Murphies repertory- Female – CANDIDA, albicans, infection: (18) ars. calc. calc-p. Cand-al. chin. helon. kreos. lyc. med. moni. nat-p. NIT-AC. nux-v. pen. Puls. sars. sep. Thuj.
Overview of Homeopathic remedies most commonly used to treat vaginal candidiasis
- Sepia is often prescribed in cases where there is a white vaginal discharge. Sepia helps in cases where women also complain of itchiness that is not resolved by scratching, soreness and swelling of the labia minora, vulva and vagina, heat in the genital area, and excoriation of the vulva.
- Calcarea Carb helps In cases where the discharge worsens after passing urine or where the discharge is accompanied by burning and itchiness in the genitals. Here, a woman may find her symptoms worsening before and after periods and may notice swelling and redness of the vulva and vagina.
- Pulsatilla: Vaginal candidiasis that is characterized by a creamy vaginal discharge can be treated with pulsatilla. The discharge is usually also accompanied by burning and itchiness in the genital area and experienced throughout the month. Some women also complain of backache and may experience an absence of thirst along with the desire for cool air.
- Thuja is for treatment in cases of Vaginal yeast Candidiasis accompanied by excessive soreness and ulcers in the vulva and vagina. Thuja is prescribed especially in cases where there is extreme discomfort in the form of burning sensations in the vulva and vagina.
- Nitric acid is helpful in cases where a stitching pain is prominent and there is a complaint of irritation in the genital area. A white vaginal discharge may also leave behind a yellow stain in such cases.
- Candida Albicans is a homeopathic medicine used when there is a presence of cracks or fissures in the vagina or vulva accompanied by itchiness. Some women may also notice the presence of vesicular eruptions that contain fluid on the vulva or vagina.
- Helonias is a homeopathic remedy for cases marked by a curd-like deposit in the vulva. The patient may also complain of inflammation and redness of the genital area along with sensations of heat and burning. A backache, weakness, and prostration are other common symptoms that can be addressed by this homeopathic remedy.
This article is for educational purposes only and is not intended to replace the advice of your physician. Do not use this article as a means to diagnose a health condition. Speak to your doctor if you think that your condition may be severe before discontinuing any medication that has been prescribed for you or before starting any new treatment. I do not recommend self-treatment. All homeopathic prescriptions must be done and supervised by a homeopathic practitioner. Not every case will need a complex prescription with detox, organ support and constitutional remedy. The treatment will depend on the individual’s needs.