Heart palpitations are another symptom that women may experience during menopause. In this blog, I will give an example of some homoeopathic remedies that can help. Changing hormone levels can make the heart pound and flutter. A pounding or fluttering heartbeat is called heart palpitations. Palpitations often star during a hot flash. Palpitations feel like the heart is beating much faster than usual, almost as if you’ve been running very hard. The heart might also skip beats or flutter. The pounding feeling can radiate from the chest up into the neck and throat.
Factors triggering Palpitations
- Stress, anxiety, emotional excitement – anger, fright, grief and joy.
- Exercise and physical exertion.
- Caffeine, nicotine, alcoholic drinks, certain medicines.
- In women, Palpitations can be experienced during pregnancy and menopause.
- People with anaemia and hyperthyroidism can also complain of Palpitations.
- Dyspepsia can also lead to Palpitations in some people. Having a high-fat diet may also trigger Palpitations.
- Arrhythmia, heart disease, including heart block, congestive cardiac failure, coronary heart disease.
- Low blood sugar, low blood pressure.
Amyelosum Nitrosum, Glonoine and Lachesis are of great help in the treatment of Palpitations during menopause.
- Amylenum Nitrosum, the symptoms are Palpitations getting worse from even a little excitement. Constricted feeling in the heart region is an accompanying symptom. Hot flushes and extreme anxiety can also be common with this remedy.
- Glonoine is a very beneficial remedy when Palpitations lead to difficulty in breathing and get worse from exertion. Palpitations can be felt throughout the body. Violent pulsation with throbbing carotids arteries and heat of the face
- Lachesis is best indicated when episodes of fainting occur along with Palpitations during menopause. The women needing Lachesis have an aversion to wearing any tight clothing. Dislike of high or tight collars or neck being touched. Palpitations or chest oppression worsened by lying on the left side.
For Palpitations with Arrhythmias
Arrhythmia refers to an abnormal or irregular heartbeat. Arrhythmia can be tachycardia (heart rate increases above 100/minute), bradycardia (heart rate decreases to as low as 40/minute) or irregular heart action (skipping beats). Palpitations with tachycardia:
- Lilium Tigrinum is a very efficiently homeopathic remedy for Palpitations with an increased heart rate. The heartbeat may even rise to 150/minute and above for using Lilium Tig. The patient feels violent pulsations throughout the body. Fluttering in the heart region may be accompanied by chest pain on the left side and weight in the chest.
Palpitations with bradycardia:
- Kalmia pulse may be as low as 35-40/minute with Palpitations. The patient feels a flutter in the chest and anxiety.
- Digitalis is the ideal Homeopathic remedy when the cardiac rate is lowered, and Palpitations are mostly excited from the slightest motion. The person needing Digitalis feels a need to keep still, or otherwise, the heart will stop if she moves.
Palpitations with irregular beats or skipped beats:
- Digitalis is the best natural Homeopathic medicine to deal with Palpitations with skipped beats. The pulse is irregular, and it intermits mainly at every 3rd, 5th and 7th beat. Mitral disease may be the underlying pathology with irregular heart action in the patient needing this remedy.
- Aurum Metalicum is a Homeopathic remedy for violent Palpitations with irregular heart action. The patients needing Aurum Metalicum feel that the heart has stopped suddenly for a few seconds varying from 2 to 3 seconds, and then suddenly starts beating again. The pulse seems irregular, with high blood pressure.
I want to clarify that these remedies are only some of the possible homeopathic remedies for Palpitations. The choice will depend on the individual case following the aetiology and symptoms that the affected person experience.Book 15 min free chat
For best results, I advise working with a trained and experienced homeopath. The remedy has to be chosen based on all symptoms and needs to fit the person to be effective. Homeopathy works only when the remedy is a close match and tailored to the person.
Disclaimer: This article is for educational purposes only and not intended to replace the advice of your physician or health care provider.