Bloating and constipation are common symptoms of menopause and candida overgrowth. In this blog post, I will for giveive you some useful tips on improving your digestion. I will talk about some homeopathic remedies that are used to relieve bloating and constipation and when they are indicated. These remedies can be used when your symptoms match with the remedy picture.book 15 min free call
Useful steps to improve your digestion:
- Drink a cup of boiled water with ginger and lemon first thing in the morning before breakfast. This cleanses the stomach and intestines. Please leave it to cool down before drinking.
- Eat slowly and chew your food. One of the main causes of indigestion is unchewed food.
- Don’t eat “piping hot” or icy cold food. A useful thing to remember is that if it is hot or cold in the mouth, it is hot or cold in the stomach. This includes all hot beverages as tea and coffee. Food and drinks that are too hot or cold may disrupt enzymes and injure the stomach lining. Always wait for the food and drinks to cool down before consumption. Do not eat food straight from the fridge.
- Don’t eat on the go. Meals should be taken at a leisurely pace. If you eat on the move, there is more chance that digestion will not begin. Instead, foods in the stomach and intestine will start to ferment, producing gases that bloat you.
- Avoid eating fruit with the meal. Fruit digests faster than dense proteins, so fermentation and gas accumulation may occur when added to a stomach fool with food. Try to have fruit 30 minutes before meals or 3 hours after a meal on an empty stomach.
- Simplifying your meals. Instead of having lots of food groups at one meal, try separating them. For example, proteins need acid enzyme digestive juices, whereas carbohydrates need alkaline enzyme digestive juices. When you have to break down both types all at once, you are not achieving optimal enzymatic action, leading to fermentation and gas accumulation.
- Have slightly smaller servings and think twice before opting for a second helpings. As a good rule of thumb, try to get into the habit of estimating the quantity you allow yourself using “nature’s food bowl”. Cup your two hands together as if you were using them to make a bowl. The quantity of food that would fill that “bowl” should be your maximum at any meal.
- Drink enough water. Ideally, hydrate your stomach with a glass of water half an hour before a meal.
- Add prebiotics and probiotics food to your diet.
- If you have Candida overgrowth, stick to the Candida diet until your treatment is completed with homeopathy or other forms of medicine you have chosen to use.
Bloating may arise from excess gas in the stomach, small intestines or the colon.
Some homoeopathic remedies useful for bloating:
- Carbo vegetabilis is a useful remedy when the individual feels chilly, blown up like a drum. Symptoms are relieved
- Lycopodium is an important remedy for indigestion. These people are often quite serious types, and they classically experience problems in the late afternoon and early evening. Symptoms are worse, especially after eating onions or garlic.
- Pulsatilla helps relieve gastric discomfort caused by eating too much fatty food, cakes and ice cream, with bloating, belching and slow digestion.
- Cinchona Officinalis relieves bloating of the abdomen and foul-smelling gas, sometimes with painless but exhausting diarrhoea.
Constipation is an infrequent, difficult and sometimes painful evacuation of the bowels. In many ways, it is a subjective complaint since the normal opening of the bowels varies from person to person.
Useful homeopathic remedies for constipation:
- Alumina is an excellent remedy for severe constipation in elderly people when the desire to open the bowels seems to have been lost. The individual may sit and strain and even feel impelled to use fingers to try to expel hard, knotty motions.
- Baryta carbonica is indicated for petite, shy individuals who produce large, hard motions when they do open their bowels.
- Bryonia is helpful for people who get constipated when they travel and who experience a burning sensation when they open their bowels in this constipated state.
- Calcarea carbonica is useful in chubby people who quite like the sensation of being constipated. They may lose the desire to open their bowels but suffer no ill effects from it.
- Silica is useful for children who get quite distressed when they strain to open their bowels. Straining almost always produces a stinging sensation in the back passage.
For best results, it is advisable to work with a homeopath. This will allow you to address your underlayng causes that lead to this problem in the first place. If you are menoapusal and your hormones are causing digestive problems working with homeopath can help you balance your hormones and resolve your symptoms including digestion, hot flushes etc. If you have candida overgrowth that causes your digestive problems, balancing your gut will resolve your digestive issues.
Disclaimer: This article is for educational purposes only and not intended to replace the advice of your physician or health care provider.