Brain fog is a common symptom of menopause and Candida overgrowth. Homeopathy and some lifestyle changes can improve memory and brain fog.
Book 15 minutes free now to find how homeopathy can help you.
What is brain fog?
It is not a medical condition but a symptom of many other conditions. It is a cognitive dysfunction that involves:
- Memory problems
- Lack of mental clarity
- Poor concentration
- Inability to focus
- Lack of sleep
- Hormonal changes can trigger brain fog. Levels of the hormones progesterone and estrogen change during pregnancy and at menopause. This can affect memory and cause short-term cognitive impairment.
- Diet -If you have food allergies or sensitivities, brain fog may develop after eating certain foods.
- Medications- If you notice brain fog after starting a new medication, talk with your doctor. Read the leaflet that comes with the medications for possible side effects. Lowering your dosage or switching to another drug may improve your symptoms.
- Medical conditions- Medical conditions associated with inflammation, fatigue, or changes in blood glucose level can also cause mental fatigue and brain fog. Many autoimmune disorders have brain fog as a symptom.
Home remedies for brain fog
- Sleeping 8 to 9 hours per night.
- Managing stress by knowing your limitations.
- Exercise and spend time outside.
- Strengthening your brainpower. Learn new skills. Use it or lose it.
- Find enjoyable activities
- Increase your intake of protein, fruits, vegetables, and healthy fats. Avoid excessive alcohol and caffeine.
Here are some of my favourite natural remedies:
- Activated charcoal is powerful enough to detox poisons, drugs, and alcohol overdose.
- Gingko Biloba has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for thousands of years. More recently, scientists have shown that this plant extract can protect your brain from the toxicity associated with aluminium chloride, which has been linked to Alzheimer’s disease and other cognitive impairments.
- Bacopa Monnieri is an Ayuverdic adaptogenic herb, which has been used for thousands of years, this time in Indian medicine. Its primary benefit is a positive effect on cognition due to its ability to reduce neural inflammation. Studies have found that it improves memory, our ability to learn more quickly, and most importantly, delayed word recall.
- Salvia (Sage) plants have historically been used for the treatment of cognitive and neurological conditions. Studies have supported the evidence of Salvia plants to enhance cognitive skills and guard against neurodegenerative disorders.
Homeopathic remedies for brain fog
- Helleborus Niger– Key Symptoms: Apathy, dullness, slowness and blankness of mind. Poor concentration. Sensation as if the head is empty. Inability to process information transmitted by sensory organs.
- Lycopodium Clavatum– Key Symptoms: Gradual memory loss and confusion. Dyslexia. Words and syllables are misused or misplaced. Empty sensation while talking. Dullness, better in the open air.
- Nux Moschata– Spaced-out feeling, fights to stay awake; Sudden loss of thoughts. Absent-minded and dreamy. Fights to stay awake.
- Phosphoricum Acidum- Forgetfulness and apathy from grief. Brooding about the past and future. Aversion to talking. Apathetic, burned-out state. Indifference to everything.
- Gelsemium– Best for brain fog caused by anticipatory anxiety. Useful for anyone whose brain fog is worse when speaking in public. Dull, drowsy and dizzy. Desire to be quiet; aversion to being disturbed.
- Carcinosin: Brain fog caused by insomnia and chronic fatigue or lack of sleep from nursing a loved one. Brain fog with restlessness, get bored easily and can’t concentrate or focus on one thing.
- Sepia: Confusion, absent-mindedness, dullness, thinking difficulties. This remedy has ailments related to hormonal changes and is indifferent to the loved ones (close family). Incommunicative, defensive.
When choosing a homeoathic remedy, we need to make sure that the remedy fits the person, not just one symptom, but the whole picture. When the remedy is a close much, it will work well. More information about homeopathic remedies for brain fog you can find here.book 15 min free now
For best results, combine homeopathic remedies with lifestyle changes.
Disclaimer: This article is for educational purposes only and not intended to replace the advice of your physician or health care provider.